SIMETRI is looking for an individual that is interested in demonstrating leadership and providing program management and instructional design expertise in support of the Medical Center of Excellence (MEDCoE), Winter Park, Florida. This role will assist client subject matter experts/program managers in planning, organizing, and directing the completion of specific projects while ensuring these projects are on time, on budget, and within scope. This role requires a self-motivated and proactive individual with a passion for solving complex and challenging requirements that result in enhancing medical training across the medical spectrum (military and civilian).
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Implement detailed timelines and status reporting mechanisms for projects.
- Perform management duties, maintain contact with customers and stakeholders, prepare presentations, and gather and analyze project data.
- Oversee the development of instructional systems designs and documentation, storyboards, narrative scripts, graphics, tests, and scenario props.
- Prepare and present professional, high-quality, and timely deliverables and status reports.
- Maintain current detailed data for project management employing Microsoft Project, Microsoft Access, and Microsoft Excel.
- Manage execution of a multi-disciplined team of Designers, Programmers, ISD’s, Training Support Specialist.
- Provide classroom and e-learning instructional systems design expertise, courseware design, and development and writing.
- Create course materials that support field-driven performance shortfalls.
- Oversee and create various course content.
- Research, implement and evaluate training.
- Provide quality assurance oversight to all products developed by a design team.
- Manage program and project teams for optimal return-on-investment, and coordinate and delegate cross-project initiatives. Must have the ability to manage smaller programs or work on highly complex programs as part of a larger team.
- Assist in developing guidance, procedures, and standards for new and changing program areas.
- Monitor projects closely to ensure tasks remain on track and deadlines are met.
- Ensure project deliverables meet the standards of quality and timeliness as set forth by the customer, stakeholders, and SIMETRI executive leadership.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Exceptional leadership, time management, facilitation, and organization skills are key. Outstanding working knowledge of program management principles and an understanding of the project development and execution of key milestones. The successful candidate will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Bachelor of Science degree (B. S.) from a four-year college or university in instructional design or related field; and 10 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and instructional design experience. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification and, Agile Project Management Certifications are preferred. The ideal candidate would also have 10 years of experience in Project Management within the Department of Defense or specifically supporting the Training and Doctrine Command education (TRADOC), project management, instructional design training, and multimedia support services at the U.S. Army Medical Command (MEDCOM) and U.S. Army Medical Center of Excellence (MEDCoE).
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in MS Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Microsoft Project, and Adobe Acrobat Standard.
- In-depth understanding of prevailing project management methods.
- Forethought, with the capacity to identify and minimize risks.
- Familiarity with tools and metrics needed to evaluate project performance.
- Well-organized with a customer-oriented approach.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent teamwork and solution-oriented communication style.
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills with an ability to negotiate and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of a particular area, such as human resources, training strategies, medical systems, computer science, engineering, mathematics, applicable federal policies, regulations, and standards, or the various sciences a plus.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate and interact effectively with all levels of personnel.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The position requires the individual to work from Fort Sam Houston, San Antonio, Texas. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.