SIMETRI is looking for a highly qualified individual that is interested in demonstrating subject matter expertise as an Instructional Systems Designer with extensive experience with conducting Front End Analyses (FEAs) as the “blueprint” for creating instruction and learning products. Ideal candidates will also have experience the Analyze, Design, Develop, Implement and Evaluate (ADDIE) learning model to design, develop and maintain synchronous training and multimedia products using innovative solutions in support of the U.S. Navy in Winter Park / Orlando, FL. This role requires a self-motivated and proactive individual with a passion for creativity in training design and development that will work with various internal/external government stakeholders/partners to identify training needs, design, and create instructor-led, computer-based, and virtual training. This role will begin onsite in Winter Park, FL with anticipated travel up to 100%. The position may transition to partially remote, supportable from locations other than Winter Park, FL if approved by the Government.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conduct all levels of Front-End Analysis, including but not limited to problem analysis, job description, task analysis, content analysis, training needs analysis (TNA), environmental analysis, audience analysis, objectives analysis, content analysis, data analysis, instructional analysis, media/technology analysis, critical incident analysis, etc., as required for effective design, development, integration, implementation, and evaluation of any training program or product(s).
- Develop new, complete learning training product(s) using the ADDIE.
- Design practitioner to facilitate implementation of innovative design strategies.
- Assist in strategy development to evolve the practice of design with a focus on human-centered design principles within traditional ISD models.
- Provide instructional design technical knowledge and functional understanding of applications and operational environment of the subject matter, processes, procedures, systems, and operating requirements.
- Assist Instructional Design Creative Director in strategy development.
- Provide technical knowledge and functional understanding of applications and operational environment.
- Provide subject matter expertise during the design, development, evaluation, and testing of courseware materials and instruction.
- Lead and foster a collaborative development process while working closely with government and contract instructional designers.
- Provide instructional design services encompassing all phases of the ADDIE process while incorporating instructional principles, theories, concepts, and best practices into plans for training materials and products.
- Revise existing distributed learning products provided from various sources and authored with diverse development tools such as Adobe Creative Cloud, Flash, HTML, Articulate, Captivate, Lectora, Adobe Presenter. Experience with MELD is desired, but not required.
- Perform education-related technology tasks to include 508 compliance, SCORM compliance (ADL test suite), operability/playability troubleshooting and repair, hosting system compatibility, etc. These tasks require some limited programming skills demonstrating functional knowledge of Java, HTML, XML, as it applies to computer-based training design and development.
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively with other subject matter experts to conduct research, resolve issues, and develop recommendations.
- Monitor projects closely to ensure tasks remain on track and deadlines are met.
- Ensure project deliverables meet the standards of quality and timeliness as set forth by the customer, stakeholders, and SIMETRI executive leadership.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Candidates must have an outstanding working knowledge of Front End Analysis techniques, and instructional design principles, as well as possess the ability to foster a collaborative development process for the execution of key milestones. Exceptional leadership, time management, facilitation, and organization skills are also key to this role. The successful candidate may be subject to a government security investigation, and if required, must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Bachelor of Science degree (B. S.) from a four-year college or university in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, or related field; and at least 10 years of experience in Instructional Design; or equivalent combination of education and instructional design experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in MS Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Microsoft Project, and Adobe Acrobat, Creative Cloud (including Captivate).
- Master’s degree with an emphasis in instructional design, educational technology, or related academic discipline.
- Knowledge of instructional design practices and the study of the principles and techniques used in designing training programs, developing design strategies and models, and applying design methods to the improvement of instructional effectiveness.
- Experience with Instructing and/or Facilitating.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of a particular area, such as human resources, training strategies, medical systems, computer science, engineering, mathematics, applicable federal policies, regulations, and standards, or the various sciences.
- Experience with medical programs, training, doctrine, or policy.
- Thorough understanding of and ability to design for all levels of Interactive Multimedia Instruction (IMI).
- Proficiency with instructional design and development tools, such as Adobe Creative Suite, Flash, HTML, Articulate, Captivate, Lectora, Adobe Presenter, etc.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to explain design and development decisions and recommendations to SMEs, team members, and clients.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent teamwork and solution-oriented communication style.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The position requires the individual to work from Fort Sam Houston, San Antonio, Texas. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.