SIMETRI is hiring a Mechanical Engineer II in support of medical training technology development at our Winter Park, Florida Laboratory.
The candidate will be responsible for engineering duties to include planning and designing tools, molds, new system components, and other mechanical products and systems. The candidate will oversee design, development, and production, of medical training systems and components as well as integration, test and delivery of medical training systems ensuring satisfaction of requirements. The candidate will be assigned to projects as required to support the Engineering Department in the research and development of medical training technologies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Research materials and innovative manufacturing processes required to satisfy project requirements.
- Design and create mechanical components in 3D drawing tool (Solidworks 2016) in support of various projects and manufacturing processes.
- Identify and specify appropriate materials and manufacturing processes for mechanical components and systems.
- Develop installation and test procedures for mechanical components and systems.
- Develop Technical Drawing Packages for individual components and integrated mecanical systems.
- Coordinate with Chief Engineer on cost, schedule, and performance aspects of projects.
- Oversee production of mechanical components internally and at manufacturing sites.
- Develop, coordinate, and monitor all aspects of production, including selection of manufacturing methods, fabrication, or operation of product designs.
- Generate and maintain detailed Bill of Materials (BoM) for all components of system.
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, or computer-generated reports.
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in mechanical engineering; and five to 10 years related experience in development and manufacturing of mechanical components and systems
In depth knowledge of Solidworks 2016 (or higher). Ability to use the manufacturing Solidworks analysis and animation capabilities. Working knowledge of Microsoft Project scheduling software. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite. Knowledge of version control software such as Gitlab (Git) is a plus.
Direct experience with development of molds used in the manufacturing process. Direct experience with manufacture and delivery of mechanical systems utilizing multiple manufacturing processes and materials. Direct experience with 3D printing technologies.
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience, expertise, education, and potential. We offer our employees competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
SIMETRI’s is a small business offering a work environment that fosters professional and personal development. We are interested in candidates that are motivated to grow along with our team. SIMETRI consists of talented individuals that are devoted to their craft and profession and come together as an innovative, agile, and ethical team focused on improving medical outcomes through technology. SIMETRI employees are passionate and proud of the high quality products and services we deliver.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to SIMETRI: [email protected]